Thursday 6 September 2012

Morimura Ray’s amazing art


Japanese artist Morimura Ray is so amazing I don’t even know how to start describing what looking at his art does to me. It is quite possibly the most perfect paintings I have ever seen, and I have regrettably only seen them online on small computer screens. Thinking about seeing them in real life almost makes me shiver. No, I am not exaggerating. If it’s one art form, besides truly mastering calligraphy, I would like to learn from scratch and spend the rest of my life making, it’s Japanese woodblock prints. Just like these. I can only dream of it though, this kind of talent you have to be born with for sure. I take a deeper bow than I have done in a long time, Morimura Ray: you are one of the greatest.














All pictures belong to Morimura Ray.

No comments: