Friday 13 April 2012

gorgeous gingham

Found here.

My love for gingham is as strong as ever, and I’d love to get some new vintage dresses in my wardrobe, to increase my little collection. These fine examples would do very well, very well indeed. If I was still shopping that is. Not shopping has turned out to go really well so far, and as late as yesterday I even tried a cute 70’s dress on, but left it behind because I didn’t feel I couldn’t live without it! I surprise myself sometimes. My longing for wearing summer clothes is ridiculously strong now though, am so sick of this cold and all the layering and boring “in-between-seasons” shoes. Please, let there be warmth!

Found here.

Curious fact: my mother got married in a super short gingham white and turquoise dress in 1972. I used to dress up in it when I was little, maybe that’s when my love for this simple, pretty pattern started? Of all the gingham variations I own, I still don’t have anything in this colour though, and I think I really need to be on the lookout for it.

Found here.

Found here.

Found here.

Found here.

Found here.

Not a dress, but a raincoat as cute as a dress for sure! I bought a very practical, long black raincoat last summer, and have had good use of it, but I would love this one a lot more.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone, I have always believed this day to be a lucky one and so far I have had several good news!

No comments: