Tuesday 22 November 2011

Kauniste, excellent Finnish design


I am a huge fan of a lot of Finnish design, both old and new, and recently stumbled upon the textile company Kauniste. They are a fairly new collective of young Scandinavian designers, and I am very impressed by their work so far. Check their website for retailers if you want to get your hands on these beautiful goods. Above is a pretty tote bag in Metsä fabric, designed by Norwegian Bjørn Rune Lie.



A pillow in the same fabric. This print is very Scandinavian, if you ask me!



Totebag in Sokeri fabric, designed by Hanna Konola. I love this print so much! I want a dress in this print.



I also want these pillows for our lounge.



Sokeri comes in pink too, in a tea towel.



Gentlemen birds tea towel, also designed by Bjørn Rune Lie.



2012 fish calender tea towel, looking very 50’s. Designed by Matti Pikkujämsä.



2012 cat calender tea towel, also very 50’s looking and completely adorable! Also designed by Matti Pikkujämsä.



Finnish alphabet tea towel, designed by Leena Kisonen.

No comments: