Thursday 10 November 2011

desirable books from Gestalten

Gestalten is one of the best graphic design publishers out there, that at least I know of. I wouldn’t mind living in a Gestalten library to be honest, although I would never sleep because there would be too many things to read and admiringly look at. I can imagine worse things, really. Here are a handful of goodies from their graphic design section I will gracefully accept as Christmas gifts, or just as gifts in general. Cutting Edges: Contemporary Collage. (By the way, I wonder when my triangle obsession will be over ...)




Arabesque 2: Graphic Design from the Arab World and Persia. After last week’s discovery of Homa Delvaray this looks particularly interesting.



Supersonic: Visuals for Music. A new collection of cd covers, record sleeves and concert posters.



Naïve: Modernism and Folklore in Contemporary Graphic Design. With a cover by Pietari Posti, my Finnish favorite, I simply must get my hands on this book!



This looks like such a fun book, Playful Type: Ephemeral Lettering and Illustrative Fonts. If you follow the links you can check out spreads from all the books on the Gestalten website. Warning: It will make you want the books even more though, so beware. It might lead to excessive consumption, and I will take no responsibility for that.

No comments: