Friday 19 August 2011

the magic of Malin Ahlin


I was very fortunate to recently discover the brilliant young Swedish illustrator Malin Ahlin, and was immediately smitten by her pictures. So much so that I wrote her asking if she sells prints, which a lot of people also did at the same time. She decided to do just that, and in not too long I will be a very happy owner of these first two pieces, that make me smile every time I see them. Her blog is in Swedish, but check it out to see more samples of her beautiful work. I am convinced that she will become a household name in Swedish children’s book publishing in a near future, which I might in fact have something to do with.















Malin Ahlin says on her blog that she is “a little bit like a giraffe, tall, with my head in the clouds”, and that Tove Jansson and Edward Gorey are two of her biggest inspirations. In my book you cannot have better inspirations, which you can see traces of for sure, but she definitely has her own specific, and brilliant, style.

I am in awe.

All pictures belong to Malin Ahlin.

No comments: