Monday 1 August 2011

cool cupboards


On my way to work recently I saw these beautiful remade vintage cupboards/side tables in a display window. This one with little squares of Japanese Washi paper is – surprise surprise – my favorite. I’ve got a cupboard almost just like this, and when I got it years and years ago my plan was to make it look more Chinese actually. Paint it in black and red laquer. But then I likes it as it was, and have taped different art cards or posters on it during the years. Right now it’s just naked, but this certainly gives me new ideas!



A few years ago I was looking everywhere for a side board much like this, but I guess I wasn’t the only one since I never found one. Now I see them here and there of course, when I’ve got no room for it anymore because I had to buy something else back when. Annoying. I love what they’ve done with this piece, almost feels a shame to stack it with books, which most likely would be what I would do.



This one is a bit too 80’s, but I still like it and I think it would look great in a more modern, minimalist home – that is: the complete opposite of my home.

No comments: