Tuesday 15 March 2011

illustrative ms. lizzy stewart


I’ve just fallen in love with a new illustrator: Lizzy Stewart, from UK. According to her website she is a fan of pencils, cardigans and russian history. And also bears. Most importantly though, in my humble opinion, she has named both her website and blog after my favorite song of all time: About Today by The National. After just reading the last few posts on the blog, I’ve also learnt that she’s got good taste in music in general it seems, and I’m jealous that she’s gotten to see The Decemberists a lot more times than me (just the one time for me, so far ...). Speaking of The Decemberists, her style reminds me a lot of Carson Ellis, which I don’t mind one bit. But enough talking, let’s take a closer look at all the things to fall in love with.





















These last ones are illustrations of Swedish tings! I love those smiling lion statues that you’ll find along the street of Drottninggatan in Stockholm. So cute.

Ms. Lizzy Stewart, you’ve got yourself a new fan in the city I’m guessing you once visited. I’ll keep my eyes on your work from now on.

No comments: