Sunday 10 October 2010

10.10.10


... aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back! Seems like it's been ages, but maybe that's just my perception. I finally feel back to normal when it comes to the never ending flu, even though I'm scared to jinx it. Another thing that's back to normal is that I'm finally rejoined with my husband, he landed in Stockholm a week ago. So in celebration of that, my recent birthday and getting well again, I went and got myself a new vintage dress the other day, from Emmaus by Slussen.



For some reason all the pictures I took of it came out blurry, it's the weirdest thing! It's never happened before, I probably took about 10 pictures. It must be something with the fabric, which is polyester of course. I believe it's from the 60's, and I love the colour and the versatility of it being rather plain, so it'll look great with a turtleneck underneath or cardigan on top. I am thinking of sprucing it up a little, with some buttons or a ribbon, but at the same time it's really good with a non busy surface for adding brooches and necklaces and such. Anyways, I paid 120 kronor for it, and it's in mint condition, so well worth the money.



I got a pink dinosaur for my birthday from a friend! So cute! It's from the great store Stockhome, that recently opened a branch just a block from my house, a kitsch heaven. Although I do my best not to add that much more to all the kitsch I've already got, it's obviously much appreciated when friends help me out instead!



My husband got me a new Kimmidoll, so now my little Japanese doll collection grew to four. It was the perfect size to fit the rest and it's so adorable I almost wanna carry it around the whole day to look at it. But I won't, because that would be crazy. Being crazy in my own home is one thing, but hey come on, there are limits!



Taking care of that dilemma was getting another great gift from my husband though: a Kimmidoll purse! Obviously purses are made for carrying around, so that's what I'm doing now. When I leave the house that is, I don't carry it around in the apartment so much.



If you saw my reaction opening these gifts, I bet it would be kind of hard to guess my real age, but I don't really care. I'll be happy as long as I get to show my ID card when I buy wine (in Sweden you have to be 20 to buy alcoholic beverages in the stores, and let's just say I've been legal for quite some time).



After buying that lovely dress the other day, I was also in the mood for some jewellery, and went across the street to Fröken Söt's little shop. They've got some nice clothes there too, but most things are either too small or too expensive for my taste, and the shop is packed with stuff, so it's a bit difficult to browse. After looking at almost every piece of jewellery I finally got this peacock brooch for 60 kronor. It's kinda tacky, I know, but I like it anyway. Paired with the right things, I'm pretty sure I'll pull it off. It's not like I'm known to be Ms. Sophistication either, so what does it matter if a part of me is slightly tacky? I'm cool with that.



From about 10 different owl design necklaces, this is the one I choose in the end, for 199 kronor. It's not vintage, but I do believe it's molded from a 60's design, because I've seen a similar design on this website for vintage owl necklaces. If you're at all into vintage jewellery, and owls in particular, you have to visit this place, it's quite overwelming! I haven't checked everything out by far yet, it just never stops. And it's a little bit frustrating seeing all these lovely design, and knowing they're not for sale too.

In other news autumn is well under way now, and I'm loving it still. But it's a matter of weeks until all that loveliness of crispy air and flaming leaves might turn into a grey, soggy, miserable existence instead. So I'm gonna do my best to appreciate it while it lasts, and when it changes, I'll just stay indoors with tea and blankets and socks and the best tv series I can find.

What is your best recipe for surviving winter?

No comments: