Wednesday 14 July 2010

it's all in the details


My grandmother's old lamp cuddles up in the corner by the record players. I love it's 60's look, but was considering getting a new lamp shade until I realised how nice the pastels look together. So for now I'll keep it just like it is.



I couldn't help but to put this awesome record collection box on display as I stumbled upon it while looking for something else. It was a great christmas gift some years ago, and it doesn't just look good, it includes some really fine tunes as well.



Very soon I'm gonna try and find some batteries for this little beauty, and find out if it still works. I don't really mind if it doesn't though, I still love it.



Grandmother's old cake stand with selected new and old jewellery, surrounded by delicious ivy and fairy light flowers.



Madonna candle from Coctail, got it a long time ago, now put on a tiny crochet table cloth, or maybe it's a coaster really, from my grandmother. A very cute, gifted owl pen gets to stay there too at the moment.



Like I've said before, I love old science fiction posters. Monsters are usually my favourites, but robots like these will do too.



Naked blonde femme fatale and a giant fish or two, can it get more intruiging? I also love any title with the word fantastic in them.



Very classic movie that I've actually never seen. But I wouldn't mind that dress one bit, even if it meant having to meet a mummy. I think. Unless it's a smelly mummy, inside a tomb.



Finally one of my favourite couples ever, Tim Burton's Stick Boy and Match Girl in love. A perfect gift almost exactly three years ago on the day, from my then boyfriend, now husband.

No comments: