Tuesday 8 June 2010

so this is goodbye, for now, dear durban


I'm about to head north again, back to ole Sweden and the island city of Stockholm. From the Indian Ocean to the Baltic Sea, from palm trees to birches, from bunnies to tunnbrödsrullar, from one home to my other, from one part of my family to the rest of them. I'll miss everything dearly, and will surely be back many times again. And again. The thing about being a couple from two countries is that you have to say goodbye a lot, but you also get to feel that bittersweet longing while you're apart, and get the butterflies every time you're waiting or arriving at the airport.



And you get to see so many things you might not have seen before, and when you get back to each place you get to see old places with new eyes. A lot of things stay the same, but a lot of things changes, and so it should be. I wouldn't want to be the same person I was 4 years ago. Not that there was anything wrong with me back then, but I like what's become of me since. I've become somewhat of a globetrotter, I guess you could say. And a wife. Who would've known? Not me, that's for sure. But there you have it.

So, for the time being, goodbye dear Durban, don't forget about me. I'll think of you often. And Stockholm, please put on your prettiest summer outfit, and I'll do the same.

No comments: